I’ve mostly finished the hollow book I started yesterday. I cleared the pages down to back of the book, except in the corners where my dull exacto knife couldn’t cut. It doesn’t look that great, but it’s usable. I gave the inside a coat of watered down glue to give the walls some structural integrity and it’s sitting with a weight on it. I may try to clean it up a bit sometime later this month. The spine was broken already (part of the reason I chose this book), so cleaning up the inside and fixing the spine might be a project for another night.
I can’t say I’m happy with the way it turned out — it’s definitely not something I want to show off to people. With that said, it was fun to do, and turned out pretty well given the lack of tools. materials or planning.