Building a WindowFarm (Part 2)

After the decoupage dried my brother and I got together again and started to hook up the airlift watering system.  As I mentioned in part 1, we did a bit of improvising with the tubing sizes.  After trying various configurations we decided that the tubing was too cramped and we needed to try something else.  We consulted this helpful airlift troubleshooting guide and decided to get hard acrylic tubing to replace the flexible tubing we were using.  Things were looking up, but we were still having issues with the airlift.  We were getting an initial splash up the tube, then occasional spluttering, but very little water (usually none) actually made it all the way to the top.  We eventually figured out that the problem was too much air.  I unplugged one of the two tubes coming from the pump and, well, see for your self:

Now that we’ve got this thing up and running, the next step will be to actually put plants in there.  If anyone’s interested in seeing this bad boy in person, we’ll be showing it off at Pumping Station: One’s birthday party next Saturday.  See you there!

Advertisements

1 Response to “Building a WindowFarm (Part 2)”



  1. 1 Year in Review 2013 | A Stranger's Sojourn Trackback on January 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Pages

Categories

April 2013
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Oct »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

%d bloggers like this: